3D Ground Navigator is an efficient 3D ground scanner and metal detector that has been manufactured by OKM Germany. The detector has been developed according to very specific customer demands. It is a high-performing geophysical detection instrument to locate buried artifacts, lost treasures, subsurface anomalies, underground utilities as well as other hidden structures. It provides non-destructive examination methods to render graphical images of subterranean targets prior to excavation.
The control unit of the 3D Ground Navigator is operated with an internal battery that lasts for about 24 hours. If you need to extend the operating time, you can also use the optional Power Pack which lasts for about 48 hours.
Ground Navigator Operating Modes
- Magnetometer to find ferromagnetic materials.
The quick pre-scan allows removing trash from the surface before conducting an accurate 3D Ground Scan or metal discrimination (Pinpointer).
- 3D Ground Scan to conduct a real 3D scan for underground treasures that can be rendered in Visualizer 3D Software to get detailed information of the hidden targets like size, depth and position.
- Pinpointer to determine the kind of material (ferromagnetic metals, precious metals or voids).
Super Sensor with LED Orbit for Immediate Feedback
The ground scanner comes with a very unique Super Sensor that is able to detect even small metallic objects under the ground. Additionally, this Super Sensor has an LED Orbit to visualize hidden objects in real-time.
The 3D Ground Navigator is very easy to handle and efficiently detects underground treasures.
The Ground Navigator is used with a high-performance Super Sensor with LED Orbit.
The 3D Ground Navigator has been manufactured by OKM Germany according to our customers’ demands. We are proud to be distributor of this unique metal detecting device and we will support our customers with all information that are necessary to operate this detector.
Visualization with OKM 3D Software
Along with the 3D Ground Navigator comes OKM’s original Visualizer 3D Software that allows 3D representations of underground targets. For additional in-depth analyses of conducted ground scans, the user of the 3D Ground Navigator ground scanner can transfer the stored scan images wirelessly to a PC.
OKM Ground Navigator 3D graphic: The graphical 3D representation indicates the existence of buried objects that have been detected underground.
OKM Ground Navigator GUI: The graphical user interface (GUI) of the Visualizer 3D software comes in many different languages to support the user in the most efficient way.
OKM Ground Navigator interpolation: Some filter options like interpolation can improve the quality of the ground scan to better find hidden objects.
OKM Ground Navigator measurement depth: By selecting the anomaly within the graphical view the operator can easily measure its current depth.
After transferring the data to PC, the scan files can be opened with OKM Visualizer 3D software to optimize, measure and improve the recorded scan data. The visualization software already proved its capabilities: Many treasure finds, buried artifacts as well as other hidden objects have been located by evaluating measurements with Visualizer 3D.
The following functionalities are included in the Visualizer 3D software:
- Characterize scan images with details like description, area dimensions and soil conditions
- Measuring position, size and depth of localized treasures, artifacts and the like
- Selection of preconfigured soil types for depth measurement
- Variable render and display options (wireframe, resolution, colors, …)
- Automatic and manual correction of erroneous signals (caused by probe inclination during recording)
- Color filtering
|1x||Control unit with carrying strap|
|1x||Super Sensor with LED Orbit|
|1x||Charger for Control Unit|
|1x||Software “Visualizer 3D”|
|1x||Waterproof and shock-resistant Peli case|
|1x||Carrying tube for Super Sensor 1|
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 180 x 230 x 120 mm
- Weight: about 1.2 kg
- Protection Class: IP40
- Operating time (internal battery): approx. 24 hours
- Charging time (internal battery): approx. 3 hours
- Operating time (optional Power Pack): approx. 48 hours
- Input voltage (charger socket, max.): 19 VDC / 0.6 A (max. 24 VDC / 0.5 A)
- Input voltage (optional Power Pack): 12.5 VDC / 0.9 A (max. 24 VDC / 0.5 A)
- Processor / Main CPU: Cortex M3, 32 MHz
- Processor / Slave CPU: Cortex M0, 24 MHz
- Display: 3.5” Resistive touch, 480 x 320 Pixel
- Display CPU: Cortex M3, 32 MHz, 128 KB RAM
- Data memory: 4 GB
- Sample rate: 1024 values / second
- Measurement resolution: 16 bit
- Operating temperature: –10°C – 60°C
- Storage temperature: –20°C – 70°C
- Audio: Internal speaker / Bluetooth
- Waterproof: No
- Air humidity: 5% – 75%
- Length: 850 mm
- Weight: 0.85 kg
- Diameter, Shaft / LED Orbit: 50 mm / 65 mm
- Diameter tube / LED Orbit: 50 mm / 65 mm
- Sensor Technology: SCMI-15-D
- Technology: Bluetooth
- Frequency: 2.4 – 2.4835 GHz
- Maximum Transfer Rate: 1 Mbps
- Receiving Sensitivity: –85 dBm
- Maximum Range: approx. 10 m
Computer minimum requirements
- CD-ROM drive: minimum 4x
- Interface (Data transmission): USB
- Free disk space: minimum 50 MB
- Working memory (RAM): minimum 256 MB
- Graphic card: minimum 128 MB, OpenGL-compatible
- Processor: minimum 1.2 GHz
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
The technical data are average values. Minor deviations are possible during operation.